Top Ten Things
1. Without a doubt, my favorite sandwich in all of Johnson County comes from Pickering's Pub. While the fried pork tenderloin may not be the healthiest choice on the menu, especially when you put extra mayonnaise on it, it's well worth it.
2. Lilly Pulitzer is my favorite brand because you cannot get pinker or brighter and Under the Palm Tree is the only store that carries it in the state of Kansas. They have perfect-fitting polos in a rainbow of shades, oh-so-cute bags, perfect dresses for the country club and stationery that matches it all.
3. Dr. Ross Headley is definitely my favorite secret to a beautiful smile. I have never felt more confident flashing my pearly whites in pictures and on stage at Miss USA since my visit to their office. I think a beautiful smile goes with everything!
4. The Torta Di Cioccolata tops the list because it is perfect to share with a special someone. The Torta is a warm flourless chocolate cake topped with vanilla bean gelato and warm chocolate sauce. As a former Bravo employee, my advice is to box up your meal and always save room for dessert.
5. It's summertime, and I can't go anywhere without my Sperrys. While I prefer the authentic original in pink patent leather (yes, I own a lot of pink), they all are incredibly comfortable and versatile. I even took my Sperrys to Miss USA and received rave reviews from very stylish girls. So now, they are always with me when I travel. Plus, the preppy look goes incredibly well with all things Lilly Pulitzer. While Sperrys have been around for quite some time for both men and women, their styles have just begun to catch my eye.
6. To me, one of the best ways to spend an evening with a friend is to share a great meal paired with great conversation. I also enjoy branching out from the standard fare, and A Thai Place is a delicious destination to explore. My personal recommendation would have to be the green pepper beef with white rice. If you and your friends are feeling pretty tough, turn up the spice level of your dinner, but be warned--they are not kidding when they tell you it can get hot!
7. This park makes me smile because there is always something going on -- tons of soccer and softball for all ages, families playing with their dogs and people running on the path, just like me.
8. What I love about Johnson County is that there are well-manicured sidewalks, trees and landscaping everywhere. To me, this shows that this is a community that truly cares about its citizens.
9 & 10. The crown and the sash. Enough said.